- The “The Fourth Glass” campaign is active from 18 December to 6 January with the goal of donating 25,000 litres of milk.
- Litres can be accumulated through social networks, adding one litre of milk to the initiative for each comment, like, post-share or video watched.
On 18 December, Central Lechera Asturiana will launch its Christmas campaign ‘The Fourth Glass’ in order to accumulate the maximum number of litres of milk through social networks and donate them to the non-government organisation Aldeas Infantiles SOS (SOS Children’s Villages).
The dairy firm hopes to collect around 25,000 litres from the beginning of the campaign, on 18 December at 14:00, until 6 January 2020. The idea stems from the tradition of leaving three glasses of milk out for the Three Wise Men on the night of 5 January and adding an extra one through donation for people in need, children and families in the Aldeas infantiles SOS prevention programmes.
The number of litres is increased through social networks, with each comment, like, post shared and video watched adding one litre of milk to the initiative:
- Facebook: Comments, likes, shares and videos watched.
- Youtube: Videos watched, likes, favourites and comments.
- Instagram: Likes and videos watched.
With this initiative, Central Lechera Asturiana confirms its commitment to initiatives that encourage people in society to have a more natural and healthier diet, and its collaboration with and support for charities and NGOs, especially during the festive dates, on which humanitarian actions increase.
It also highlights its collaboration with the Asturias Food Bank, which raised 2040 euros in September this year with the proceeds from the sale of authentic Asturias ‘cachopos’, made with Asturias veal and cheese from Central Lechera Asturiana, during the 63rd International Asturias Sample Trade Show (FIDMA) 2019.